We covered so much ground with Eric Dobson that we had to break it into two episodes. Listen to Part 1 first and then jump into this one.
Here’s a quick rundown of the topics we cover in the interview:
- knowing your exit before you start,
- how to appeal to companies that might want to acquire your startup,
- how the word “exit” means different things to different groups of people,
- why entrepreneurs do what we do,
- the right way to use outsourcing, and
- how to build a founder team.
Specifically regarding working with investors, Eric tells us:
- what to expect as a realistic time line to getting funded from pitch to check,
- how important it is for founders to have skin in the game, and
- whether or not to ask for money capital than you need.